Wednesday, November 02, 2005

i miss my TV!!!

so i went to visit my brother a few weeks ago in Dallas (that's him with me in my profile pic, by the way,) and i learned two things. One, suffering severe bruises and possible broken ribs to see Trent Reznor up close and personal in concert is well worth the pain and trauma. Two, i do not watch near enough TV. i mean, i used to. there was a time when i knew every candidate of The Apprentice by name, could painstakingly describe the latest gruesome murder on CSI, and was pointing and laughing at the latest buffoon who was eating testicles on Fear Factor. what happened to me?! my brother mentioned shows i haven't even heard about! apparently there are approximately 12 CSIs and 20 Law and Orders now. not to mention some actual original shows that don't have anything to do with CSI or Law and Order. full time school, full time work, an all consuming marriage- these things are ruining my relationship with my TV! i'm pretty sure this is not the American way, and in this time of war, i think i should attempt to be as patriotic as possible. so i've decided to shirk all duties not pertaining to my television set from here on out. it's the only responsible thing to do, after all. i'll be starting right now so ...bye!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is whatever. Life revolves around TV. With all that's going on in the world today, TV is our source of release. After spending my entire day dealing with all the DUMB DUMB BASTARDS I work with, or that shop with us.....yeah all I want is mindless entertainment. Desperate Housewives?....Hell yeah! Springer?....you bet, I mean I know people who live in trailers and who's husbands are in the clink....everyone does. God Bless this great Country!!!! Where else in the world could you have a brain fart like that and become a POP Icon overnight? You may think it's sad that I admit to diggin' Springer.....I'm sad that I didn't have the brain fart! Well that's my input for now...I'm off to watch Criminal Minds. I highly recommend it, I find it very informative and it's helping me figure out how mind works. CHOA!

11/02/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

i agree! see?! it's the American way! on TV, people are intelligent for the most part. any dumb, dumb bastards are at least funny while in real life they're only pathetic and annoying. i spent my evening watching a Law and Order about eugenics- at least i'm only venting about all the dumb, dumb bastards...

11/03/2005 10:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad that Mr. Rocket Scientist has seen alot of shows you haven't. All he has to do when he gets home from his long hard day of picking out new couches is watch all the shows he's Tivo'd, touch himself, and drool over his roomate while he prances around in his boxer briefs.

11/04/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger christine said...

i always knew he was a prancer!!! i could have lived without the mental image, though...

11/04/2005 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

that's all the more reason to watch TV! Christopher Meloni (FREAKSHOW!!!) is H-O-T. and i'm pretty sure all he does is investigate vicious felonies as a member of the elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.

11/06/2005 03:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)