Tuesday, April 18, 2006

lame-o Lubbock

this weekend i was lamenting the fact that Lubbock was so freakin' lame because we rarely have any decent live music. then today i see that Blue October is actually making a stop here so i get online to see if there are any tix left. the shows later this week in Austin, Dallas, and Houston are already sold out but not here in ol' lame-o. why? because everyone here only listens to boy bands and butt rock. so i try to make plans and call b.h. and ask him if he wants to go, but he's working tonight. then i think that maybe Golddigger wants to accompany me, but she finally joined the workforce so that's out. Tangerine Dream won't be here until Friday so that's another dashed plan. i don't feel like calling any of my friends because they will want to get shit faced afterward, and i have class tomorrow. (and of course, i can't do anything by myself...) dammit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Senor PeerPressure said...

Go alone. I used to think the same thing and then I went to a Stevie Ray Vaughn concert in Austin. All my friends had stood me up so I went alone. It was great. Nobody to have to buy beer for, I didn't have to search through a crowd of faces to find somebody after I used the restroom, and I could play air guitar without embarrassing my girlfriend.

4/18/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

i seriously considered it, but honestly, i'm a little tight on cash. the big bro is coming to town this weekend so i need to reserve my moolah for the excessive drinking that i'm sure will ensue. maybe Blue October will swing back around some day even though only about three people had enough good taste to go see the show.

4/18/2006 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)