Saturday, January 21, 2006

things that really bother me

i'm well aware of my personality. i'm neither friendly nor sweet, and little cartoon birds don't follow me around dropping petals in my wake. i know that i should be less irritable, but quite honestly, that would require effort on my part. so, instead, i'm listing things that really bother the hell out of me for no apparent reason.

1. i like to use that little "next blog" button to see what other people have to say about their own pathetic lives, but i hate seeing a blog that still has unedited links. take the time to edit the links, or at least remove them. you're already sitting in front of the computer being a total drain on society. use your delete button. sheesh.

2. i hate when people say they 'conversated' with someone else. you don't 'conversate.' you converse when you hold a conversation. it's like imagine. you don't 'imaginate' when you have an imagination. people who employ this travesty of the English language should be deported to Canada. no one pays attention to what Canadians say so you can pretty much speak however you wish.

3. i can't stand it when people assume i will become a teacher when they hear that i am an English major. to make matters worse, these people are dumbfounded when i curtly reply that, no, i will not become a teacher. fyi: studying English does not limit my future to chalk inhalation and poverty. see for yourself.

4. i loathe public restrooms. i will subject myself to possible kidney failure, bladder bursts, and sepsis just to avoid entering these portals of hell.

5. I cannot stand pencils. yes, i do my math in pen. pencils are to pens what kazoos are to violins. they are obtuse and spew forth hideousness. when i am empress of the galaxy, i will outlaw pencils so start preparing for when that time comes. it draws nigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

Where I grew up they used the term, "Jeet?" Which broken down into layman's terms means, "Did you eat?" I hate that word.

My dear, you are my blog of the day. I am adding a link to your blog on my blog "I need to vent." You are freaking hilarious. ;)

1/21/2006 06:08:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

Smartie Pants- i'm not sure i've heard "tooken" before. could you use it in a sentence, please?

LotionBarBunny- thank you so much! i haven't felt this good about myself since i used my brother's credit card to buy some Manolo's earlier today. er, i mean my credit card. and i haven't heard "jeet" in a long time- probably because i now only pretend to listen when people are talking...

1/21/2006 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

Christine, no problem, glad I could give you that elated feeling like when you spend other people's money on their credit card...err I mean your own money.

What I forgot to mention is the response most people give to "jeet." That would be, "No, dijew?" Which means, "No, did you?" I wonder what brainiacs thought up these great "shortcuts."

1/22/2006 08:31:00 AM  
Blogger christine said...

Smartie Pants- i don't think i've heard that one, thank God!!! if i had actually heard such a display of idiocy, i think my skull would have literally imploded as my brain cells cannot compute such inferior data.

LotionBarBunny- i'm pretty sure those braniacs who created the aforementioned shortcuts are Texas Tech alumni.

1/22/2006 01:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word dog. I know whatchall be speakin', dem niggas ain't gotts no sence o whatb comin out they mouth yo!

1/23/2006 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

um, thanks Bill. hey, can we get some Captain Morgan flavored Jello?

1/23/2006 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)