Friday, February 24, 2006

damn you Issac Mizrahi!!!

i went shopping last night. since i'm broke, picky, and a late shopper, the obvious choice for my excursion was Target. i found myself damning Isaac and his fabulous merchandise everywhere i looked. why? because everything with his name on it is pink, girly, and everything a gay designer and a straight woman could ever want. now, i know he probably doesn't design the actual merchandise, but by slapping his name on the tag, Target can raise the price by fifty bucks. that's really why i'm damning him. for example, this carry on size piece of luggage with a gigantic pink flower painted on the side costs sixty thousand dollars. the matching pieces were even more expensive. then, i migrated to the clothing department, and i damned him again. i did, however, contribute to his empire by purchasing some new sunglasses.

rant inside a rant

i've noticed a lot of people, especially here at Texas Tech, bashing the giant sunglasses trend. apparently, it offends people when we females wear shades that cover half our faces. why the hell do you people care? first of all, if you don't like what i wear, close your damn eyes. i personally love giant Tippi Hedron sunglasses. not only do they block the garish sun, but they also allow me to prevent future wrinkles by impeding UV rays. in addition, my sunglasses double as a headband in class, and since i have enough hair to choke Godzilla should he choose to eat me, only enormous shades will suffice. so to all you giant sunglass bashing, future wrinkly eyed losers out there: bite me.

i then scouted long and hard for the new Andrea Bocelli CD. just as i was about to send a barrage of profanity towards the Target associate for their lack of good music, i located it. however, the damn thing was 14 dollars! is that the price CDs go for these days? my broke ass will be shopping around and hoping to find it cheaper elsewhere. why do you care about my Target trip? you don't. i was bored in class.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Target is owned by Satan.

How do I know this?

I used to be a manager at their stores, helping them to utilize their evil plans of global domination.

I'm so happy I am no longer a victim of their evil schemes...

2/24/2006 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

Smartie Pants- i can buy the whole CD on iTunes for 10 dollars. then again, i'll have to buy some discs to burn it because i really want to piss off my neighbors by blaring Italian, Spanish, and French love songs at all hours.

michael- i love Target!!! it rocks way harder than Wal-we treat our employees like shit-Mart. (i know this fact because, aside from all the recent news regarding the company's attempts to ruin what Sam Walton started, i used to be a manager there.) if Satan owns Target, then hell must be filled with stylish bedspreads, cute stationary, and billions of board games. sounds great!

2/24/2006 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

My husband loves Andrea B.

And I hate Target because size large is really size small. I can't fit into any of their clothes. And not that I am a cow either, Issac just doesn't understand that once a girl has kids, here hips expand. Damn stupid baby-less non-birthing designers.

2/27/2006 01:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)