Sunday, October 22, 2006

what a perfect day

even though i wasn't drinking sangria in the park, today was great. what constitutes a great day? a buncha nothing, that's what. i slept in and then ate breakfast with Bitter Half. i did a facial, introduced my new downstairs neighbor to my bass speaker, drank some unbelievable strong coffee(because i was still asleep when i made it and inadvertently dumped about a pound of grounds in the damn machine), painted my nails an obnoxious color, caught up on my soap, cleaned the house, did laundry, and blogged. since the only asshole i had to talk to was Bitter Half, i feel perfectly content. it's exactly what i needed because, as i told my coworkers yesterday, i'm going to have a nervous breakdown before the Turkey Day break. i'm thinking of playing hooky with regards to school and/or work this week to catch a matinee. i'm sure it'll come back to kick me in my ass, but i'm adopting a 'here and now' type of mentality. i think it might help with the ulcer that used to be my stomach.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounded like a perfect day...I'm glad we shared it with you...It was a perfect day...You just keep me hanging on...Though I wonder how Sweet Lou would feel about facials and soap operas

10/25/2006 03:06:00 AM  
Blogger christine said...

well facials and soap operas may not make a great song, but they make for a great day. you should try it.

10/25/2006 02:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)