Monday, January 09, 2006

the file

i know my entire audience has seen every episode of Seinfeld so you will all know which one i'm talking about. remember the one where Elaine goes to see a doctor about a rash, and she notices that someone had written in her chart that she was difficult? then, no matter where she goes, her file gets transferred to the physician. well, the other day i went to the chiropractor's office, and the receptionists stunned me with their incompetence (yet again.) i didn't yell at them, but i did let them know that their lack of professional skills disgusted me or something to that effect. then, last Friday the doctor called me to apologize, and i let him know exactly how inept his staff appeared. well, today when i arrived for my appointment, i noticed a brand new file had replaced my old one! and this one was a lot thicker than the old one. i didn't get a chance to peek inside, but i'm sure it had some colorful comments. i'll try to check it out next Monday when i go back, and i'll keep you posted.

"I was looking at my chart and it said that I was difficult. Why would they write that?"
"They've gotten to know you."
- Elaine and Jerry in "The Package"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should be very concerned about the location of the old file. Perhaps it was forwarded to the national archives? I sense third-party government involvement.

The first mistake, I'll point out, was visiting a chiropractor. Bah!

1/09/2006 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

well, if the government has it, i'm not too worried. they've surely misplaced it, 'accidently' shredded it, or they don't understand it.

i had to do something about my back! the hunch was beginning to switch from the left side of my back to the right.

1/10/2006 09:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)