Thursday, January 05, 2006

my computer has the flu.

my plan last night was to retire early for once so that i could get up early and get some stuff done today. (and when i say i wanted to go to bed early, that means 3AM for those of you who are not afflicted with insomnia.) around 2ish, i planned to wrap up my mindless internet surfing and watch the Criminal Minds episode i had recorded on my trusty DVR. right as i was about to commence with the TV watching, a grey pop up caught my eye. i read it calmly, but then my heart skipped some much needed beats while realization set in. Symantec had detected a virus. now, a normal person would merely purge the virus that had already been caught by the virus protector, but i am no normal person. i am my father's daughter. so i got up screaming obscenities and ran about three circles aimlessly around my humble abode. then, i began pulling my hair out in large clumps (from the thick brunette locks, not the neon red streaks...i wouldn't want to look asymmetrical later on.) after that display of insanity, i sat back down at my desk and began manually hunting for any remnants of the infiltration. i then ran two additional virus scanners and a computer check up before i could stop breathing like a prank caller. next thing i know, it's really late, and i still haven't seen Criminal Minds. needless to say, i did not get to bed early last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)