Thursday, July 20, 2006

you have got to be kidding me.

before i get into my most recent reason to hate people, let me give you some background. i belong to a pretty hoity toity gym. here is a list of amenities:

- indoor rock climbing wall
- full size, indoor basketball court
- supervised daycare
- kiddie water park
- (in process of being built) swimming pool with retractable roof
- view that overlooks a private golf course
- flat panel TVs on cardio equipment
- bistro style Italian restaurant (i don't know whose bright idea it was to put a fattening oasis in a gym, but whatever.)
- giant bronze statues of regal lions
- a koi pond
etc.

it's not cheap either. (unless you're me because everyone loves me.) with all that and a price that makes most people have a mild coronary, you'd think that only classy people would attend. right? wrong! yesterday, before my workout, i went to use the bathroom, and someone had puked in a toilet and not flushed. wtf?!?! there's a handle for a reason, but i let it slide. today, as i was about to wash up after my workout, i noticed some underwear on the bathroom floor...and not clean ones. i almost barfed. (if i had, however, i would have flushed.) what the hell? i don't pretend to pay a billion dollars a month so i can work out with riff raff who don't have common decency.

4 Comments:

Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

a kiddy water park? And I thought mine was high falutin with a smoothie bar and rockwall, but we don't have those other features. I wish we had a steam room, but they are rare to find in the City.

7/21/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Sit-ups and push-ups are cheaper. And you only have to put up with your own underpants!

All the best from Helsingborg, Sweden.

7/21/2006 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

ROFL! The puke is why I try to avoid public restrooms at all costs! I can't stand to put my ass where some stranger has puked.

I bet someone did a heavy workout after eating at the Italian Bistro.

Here by way of Webmiztris. :)

7/22/2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

tarametblog- here in West Texas, a little water causes panic attacks en masse so we only have a dry sauna and no steam room.

mark base- sit ups and push ups are for people who live in the eighties! i need machines that read my pulse and tell me i'm hot as i watch TV and listen to music. plus, i don't pay the exorbitant fees anyway.

ablondeblogger- i hadn't contemplated the origins of the vomit, but you're probably right in implicating the bistro. Italian food and exercise don't sound like something i'd be in interested in, but i seem to be in the minority.

mrsmogul- the only reason i go to that gym is so i can say hoity toity. somehow that term doesn't apply to any other aspect of my life.

7/22/2006 04:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)