Friday, August 25, 2006

Good morning, starshine. The Earth says hello!

don't ask me why, but i've watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory an embarrassing number of times over the past few days. i'm also absurdly obsessed with Willy Wonka's perfect teeth in the movie. they are creepy yet beautiful at the same time.

i hate change. it sucks more than when i accidentally punch the wrong number in the vending machine and get a Payday instead of a brownie. there are changes afoot at work, and i don't like it. i hadn't mentioned the fact that my company was recently sold to another company because, quite frankly, it's a touchy topic. there weren't too many changes that affected me right after the sale so i was A-okay. now, the powers that be are implementing change that affects me. i'm probably going to have to move offices which means i'm losing my Dilbert cubicle. now, i haven't always had a Dilbert cubicle. i used to have a nice desk. when we moved offices before, it took me a long time to become accustomed to working behind a wall. now, i like it. i don't want to have to look at my coworkers. i don't want to lose all this space and freedom. (you can see my beloved cubicle here.) unfortunately, i start school in a couple of days and don't have the time or energy to worry about it any more.

i'm skipping the gym in order to go home and sulk. i've been feeling very sulky lately. the gym would probably help me shake that feeling, but what's the fun in that kind of personal growth?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bianca said...

Sometimes we NEED to sulk a little bit. Unfortunately for me, the whole summer has been a big ol' sulk fest.

I hate change too. And I'm fiercely territorial. To the point that if I go to a restaurant on a regular basis, it really bugs me if I can't sit in the same spot. It's weird, I know.

8/25/2006 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

bianca- yes, sulking is a staple of a healthy depression. Lucy on Peanuts knew it so it must be right. i'm not that territorial, but i do have some small tendencies of it. i hate when, after a sememster of sitting in the same seat in a class, you arrive and some p.o.s. is already there. what the hell? students who participate in this anarchy should be expelled.

8/26/2006 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)