Tuesday, February 19, 2008

call me Ishmael.

my title has nothing to do with my post, but as i was typing the title, my mind went blank as to what i was actually typing. which brings me to my first problem. i've transformed into a sloth. this metamorphosis is a concern on many levels. one being that i am now a three-toed, mossy-backed creature. second, i am sleeping upwards of twelve hours per day. (we sloths need plenty of rest apparently.) this transformation occured on Sunday sometime. or perhaps Saturday night. i'm not sure when exactly, but it's been a few days now. i almost called in to work with my sloth syndrome, but i came in anway. no one noticed. i guess i just blend in with all the other sloths around here.

there's a rumor that Sen. Obama is coming to Lubbsuck. if so, i'll be there with my peeps to hear him speak. i enjoy people who are well spoken. plus, i'm going to call him Obama-lama-ding-dong if i get the chance.

i finally watched The Departed. i really enjoyed it. (well with my man, Matt Damon, what was there not to like?!) anyway, someone told me i should go to work with the attitude of Mark Wahlberg's character to which i replied, 'i think i already do...' i'm not one to censor myself, but here lately even i am appalled by my own language. maybe it's time for a vacation. good thing i'm planning several this year.

i'm trying something new this week which may make me extra grouchy, borderline insane, and/or even comatose. i should be implementing this new routine tomorrow. what is this new fangled idea, you ask. it's a low carb diet. why am i doing this to myself? i don't really know. boredom? i like to torture myself? early onset dementia? either way, i'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

better a sloth of the three toed variety than of the Goonies variety I always say...

2/19/2008 03:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did hear that Sara Silverman is Fucking Matt Damon, didn't you?

2/19/2008 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

michael- i hadn't thought of that, but you're very right. that's what i call looking at the bright side!

bob-i heard, but i blocked it out after going into a jealous rage that involved many illegal activities.

2/20/2008 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)