Saturday, December 17, 2005

my body has aged 60 years this week.


yes, i live in the body of an old woman now. i still have this ridiculously persistent headache. although, i'm beginning to think its roots lie somewhere between caffeine withdrawal and total lack of sleep. my back is hunch-like and progressively getting worse. my fingers are in a perpetual flexed position. that, combined with my new bent over posture, makes it appear as if i'm constantly trying to claw my way through the floor. now, my rack is still fabulous and perky. it's the only part of my body that hasn't succumbed to the ravishes of rapid, stress induced aging. no one can appreciate it, though, because they're too busy staring at the pulsating veins in my temples and listening to the wheezing gasps of breath i take with each shuffle. i'm days away from resorting to a walker and a mere week away from needing to utilize an old people scooter when i do my grocery shopping. i thought things would get better after my classes ended, but it seems as if my mettle is being tested. there was no need for a test. i can assure you, my mettle is as flimsy as the excuse i use when i shirk homework duties and sheepishly tell my prof i am conducting a behavior analysis on slacker-type personalities.

1 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

that cracked me up! i hadn't thought of turning to the senior type meds. thanx for the heads up.

12/19/2005 12:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)