Saturday, December 10, 2005

yesterday

this is how i expected yesterday to unfold:

after i pulled an all nighter, i expected to arrive at school early and ace my first exam. then i'd go home, study for my next exam, and take a nap. after rising from my perfect slumber, i'd go to work and goof off for a couple of hours. then i'd go ace exam number two, finish goofing off at work, and go home to watch Law and Order. by midnight, i'd be dreaming about M&Ms big enough to live in.

here is how yesterday really unfolded:

i go to school, and ace my exam. (did you expect anything less? i mean, really.) i go home and study. here's where things begin to go awry. i can't sleep. i didn't get a second of sleep the night before, and yet i can't sleep now. so i go to work. i'm there for about twenty minutes when my phone rings. it's a family emergency. i jump up, hurdle my cubicle wall, and win the gold medal by the time i arrive at my supervisor's office. i announce that i am leaving, and i will be back 'someday.' i attend to my family's needs as best as i can. somehow, i find myself in the midst of Cold War Russia...well, at least if feels like it. i know i started the day as an American citizen, but somehow between then and now, i was transported to an alternate universe. or else i just witnessed a government agency take a huge dump on the Constitution. i somehow manage to drive myself to school where i can barely focus on my final. (yes, i still aced it. did you even have to ask?) i still have to go back to work to finish goofing off so there i go. afterwards, i have family concerns to handle so my date with my Magnavox is postponed. by the time my head touches my pillow it's past three. i can't sleep. my alarm clock gives me the finger when i finally do enter REM.

can you spot the differences between these two pictures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)