Saturday, March 11, 2006

gym soap operas

yesterday, as i walked into the gym dressing room to lock up my valuables, i heard the cleaning lady's walkie talkie. no one else was in the dressing room that i could see so i'm sure she didn't see me by the lockers. (this gym is super ritzy and the dressing room is about ten times the size of my humble abode with five rooms to house the locker, bathroom, shower, dressing, and sauna areas.) anyway, i hear a male voice on the other end of the radio saying things like, "i love you, baby. i would never do that to you. i was home. i promise." by now, i'm rolling my eyes in disgust to i slam my locker to make the menial worker aware of my presence. she doesn't reply to the man- probably because i'm there. so he continues with his load of crap. "you mean the world to me. you're my life. i'd die without you." i decided to go look for her to remind her the walkie talkies were for the professional staff to call her when the 300 pound man vomited as he exerted himself trying to climb onto the stair climber, but i guess she was hiding so i left. later, as i'm sweating and watching VH1, i see a cleaning woman being followed by a cleaning man, and i wonder if they are the soap opera participants. i don't pay a billion dollars a month to attend a gym and hear unimportant peoples' sob stories. (okay, i don't pay the billion dollars because i'm hot, but these unimportant people don't know that fact.) i guess i'll have to start wearing my iPod the second i enter the gym so i don't have to hear about the cheating janitor and his dumb girlfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)