Wednesday, October 03, 2007

people disgust me (or jury doody pt. II)

i didn't get picked for the actual jury, and i didn't have to answer any embarrassing questions. i also wasn't one of the twenty people who was asked to leave because either the prosecution or the defense thought they were douche bags. it was an overall enlightening experience.

what really surprises me is how sloppy people are to go to jury doody. women had flip flops, sandals, jeans, t-shirts, etc. men were wearing equally disgusting attire. it's not a zoo, people. it's a freakin' courthouse. aside from me, there were about three other people who actually dressed in a somewhat presentable way. do women not wear heels anymore? do men not wear dress shirts? you don't have to wear a freakin' prom dress and tuxedo, but sheesh. my mom raised me right.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

remember: some people don't want to be picked for jury doody.

Me being a full time student who is trying to get done ASAP would be totally screwed by being on a jury.

So, I'd make sure I wore a shirt that made me look... undesirable. I have plenty. My communist party t shirt, my Mushroomhead t shirt... anything that makes me look as biased and unstable as possible.

10/03/2007 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

full time students are exempt in Texas. is it not the same over there?

i can understand someone wanted to get out of jury doody and thus wearing a communist t-shirt, etc, but these people were clearly just too lazy or disrespectful to throw on a pair of slacks. i actually did consider wearing my shirt that says "bite me" in humongous lettering, but i went the professional route instead.

10/04/2007 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

actually... i think we might... but Indiana is such a backwards state I don't know for sure. (I grew up in Illinois where things made sense).

So, I'd rather not take a chance if I were called and just make sure I dress as scary as possible.

10/04/2007 01:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)