Tuesday, July 21, 2009

5 things you may not have known about Christine

(and if you do know these, it may be because you know me sickeningly well or that i am senile and have posted these before)

1. i am scared of those little tree pod things. i have no idea what they're called, and you'd think that i, being a writer of magnificent talents, would be able to describe them better. but they're brown and long and a little curvy. they have seeds of death in them. i'd take a pic, but i'm too afraid of them to get near them. i know they are everywhere that trees hang out. at least here in Lubbock. i'm pretty sure they're alien in origin.

2. i'm creepy good at math. i guess i get it from ol' Dad. i passed my stats classes in college with literally perfect averages and that was with me sleeping through most of those classes as i hate math with a passion. i guess it's a good thing that i have this talent, but i prefer to not do any calculations at all...ever. i would rather stare at a blank wall. in fact, i find staring at blank walls rather enjoyable. (and, no, i'm not on a perpetual acid trip.)

3. i love me some Air Supply. if i hear it on at a store or in the car, you can bet gold coins that i am going to start belting out every lyric because i know them all from memory. i'm a sap for mushy music. (by the way, if you're betting gold coins, i'm assuming you're a Leprechaun, a doomsday-ologist, or a regular at Yoville.)

4. my taste in things changes virtually over night. i used to drink Dr. Pepper exclusively. but one day i woke up and hated it. same with tequila and sevens. and cheese cake only i like it now whereas before i hated it. i guess everything has it's day in court, and when it's over, it's over.

5. i love to write letters. i can write them all the live long day. of course, i type them now as i can type much faster than i can write, but it's the same damn thing, you hair splitters. anyway, i find letter writing is a lost art that should be resurrected. in fact, i think if people shut their trap every once in a while and actually thought things through for a change before communicating their stupidity, the world would be a better place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really like this post. Maybe it's one of my faves? (or at least today it is.)

3) I love the after thought about Leprechauns and such!

4) I love anything that mentions "a day in court" and only people that know me well will understand why :) I also totally agree that when it's over, it's over. I also don't drink DP anymore?? I'm more of a Coke Zero now...Zero reminds me of the Pumpkins and i like the sleek black label =)

5) I'm all about writing letters nowadays! I write (type) LONG letters on a regular basis and even compose a few handwritten letters on occasion!

8/18/2009 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)