Saturday, March 18, 2006

it's all fun and games until...

your abdominal muscles curl up into a fetal position and lose all ability to function. i used this Hammer Strength ab machine at the gym two freakin' days ago, and i still can't move. it hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, bend, twist, or lie face down. i used to do 500 crunches a day, and i was never this sore. the weird thing about my situation is that whenever i laugh, i find the searing pain funny...which makes me laugh more. damn all my funny friends for starting this infinite loop of self torture!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

ahhh...

reading that takes me back to when I was in high school and worked out. I had an ab routine that was dangerous. I was too heavy to have a six pack, but I did have some strong abs.

there were days I'd come home, lay down, and not be able to get up. I'd have to roll off the couch.

3/19/2006 12:46:00 AM  
Blogger christine said...

bijou- i haven't tortured myself enough. i'm hitting the ab machine again today.

michael- i was rolling off the couch, too. in fact, i slept there last night because i couldn't muster the core strength to move to the bedroom until seven this morning.

3/19/2006 01:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)