Saturday, March 18, 2006

on a (kind of) serious note

i am an avid reader. i love me some words. i don't have a lot of time to read books of my choice because i'm always reading the ones required for my school courses, but i try to squeeze some in on vacations, school breaks, or while i'm pretending to talk to people on the phone. since it seems that most of my blog readers are semi-intelligent, i thought i'd take suggestions for reading material. i'm not looking for just something good. i want to hear about your favorites. i'm hoping for classics, but if you're absolutely convinced a contemporary book is a must read, let me know. i love all genres, writing styles, subject matters, etc. thanks in advance!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherrypie said...

Try Q&A by Vikas Swarup. It's fairly new and quite quick and easy to read, but it's refreshingly different and very sweet.

Or if you haven't already discovered "His Dark Materials" by Phillip Pullman, I would strongly this great trilogy. technically for children, but truly brilliant.

PS. In response to your most recent post, always remember to moisturise xx

3/18/2006 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I read "car and driver," "road and track," "the bible," the backs of cereal boxes, and the occasional star trek novel.

in other words... reading and me aren't exactly best friends.

3/19/2006 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger christine said...

cherrypie- thanx! i'll look into your suggestions. and, i moisturize regularly, but i live a hard life so...

bijou- i read A Farewell to Arms a century ago, and i wasn't a big fan. but i was a completely different person back then. let's give that Hemmingway a day in court. and speaking of borrowing and never returning, i want The Gift of Fear by DeBecker back. your Phantom is my hostage until then.

michael- cereal boxes are great, but they aren't going to keep me preoccupied for an entire road trip. i haven't read a Star Trek novel in a really long time. i wouldn't even know where to begin.

3/19/2006 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

you scammer! you wanted me to read the Hemingway just so i could tell you about it? are you going to have me reading your textbooks next? and i knew you'd get the NBK reference. i'd watch it with you, but i have tix to go see V for Vendetta tonight. i'll be stuffing myself with one hundred dollars worth of movie snacks. (which means a bag of M&Ms and a kiddie Coke.)

3/19/2006 06:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)