Monday, June 19, 2006

the world might come to an end...

because yesterday i actually made healthy brownies. yes, that's right. i went against my first instinct of butter, oil, and lard and created something with applesauce, whole wheat, and zucchini. (yes, you read that right. zu-fucking-cchini.) i was making something for my two dads so i didn't want to encourage their clogged arteries, and i have to say that they turned out really good. here's a pic of the pureed zucchini in pre-brownie status:

and here is a pic of the finished product:

man, i'm know i'm good when i can make something delicious out of weeds and such.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm LMBO over here!

I had a neighbor for years, God rest her soul, who picked on me.. talked to her friends about "Michelle and her nuts and twigs diet" .. hehe.. She cracked me up. Now you are cracking me up. Veggies aren't so bad, huh?? LOL

6/19/2006 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger The Catapillar said...

Looks great! Will you post the recipe?

6/20/2006 01:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i'm impressed...none of that healthy stuff for me...lol...give me sugar or give me death! lmao...

6/22/2006 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

michelle- i really like veggies...just not in my sweets. maybe i'll turn over a new lettuce leaf or something.

catapiller- i got the recipe from allrecipes.com. (it's my fave recipe website, by the way, because you can see which ones are worth making by looking at their rating.) i did sub half the oil with applesauce and half the flour with whole wheat flour.

amber- i tend to agree when it comes to brownies, but these particular ones weren't for me so i could pretend to be healthy.

6/23/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

this recipe was for some of my parental units and not for my peeps so ixnay on the eedway.

7/18/2006 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)