Saturday, June 17, 2006

people who got on my nerves today:

1. the mother at the gym who, rather than let her 4 year old play in the kiddie area, insisted on letting him run rampant in the gym while she yelled at him from the top of her lungs every five seconds. when i was on my way to the dressing room and saw him hoist himself up onto the drinking fountain, proceed to wrap his entire mouth over the spigot, and begin sucking, i remembered to renew my birth control prescription.

2. the other lady at the gym who left her checkbook, keys, wallet, etc. on a bench while she went into the bathroom to do her business. there are lockers for a reason. i would have helped myself to a shopping spree if i wasn't a more ethical person.

3. all the shoppers who feel the need to park their asses mid-aisle and converse rather than scoot to the side. it doesn't help that most of their parked asses are about the size of my Honda.

4. in all fairness, this one didn't exactly get on my nerves, but he will probably turn into someone who does. the teenager who sacked my groceries and carried them to my car felt the need to tell me how much he hated the store where he worked, avoided it at all costs when he wasn't working, and claimed it was a shitty job. wondering how long this resentment and bitterness of his had built up, i asked him about the length of his employment. his answer? a week. i cut him some slack because he's a kid, but i hope he outgrows this poor work ethic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Number 4 ticks me off, too.

Usually I'll listen for awhile, then commiserate with something like "I know what you mean... I was sitting in my posh office this morning and I ran completely out of cheetos. My personal assistant was being snooty, so I had to come to this hell-hole of a grocery store and buy them myself. I hate the people here. Would you like a quarter?"

6/19/2006 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

i thought it was pretty funny at the time. like i said, i cut him some slack because he's still a kid. if he'd been an adult, i would have proceeded to point and laugh at his shitty life while kicking him in the shins.

6/23/2006 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger Traci Anerson said...

I actually had a dream about this in in my dream I made a rhyme like this and started rapping (in the dream)

If you don't understand single file
you get your *** out of this aisle...

It is the first time I ever rhymed in a dream.

7/18/2006 02:12:00 AM  
Blogger christine said...

tracifish- i don't think i've rhymed in my dreams either. i'll look into it.

7/18/2006 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)