Tuesday, July 25, 2006

i think my bitter half is suffering from early on-set Alzheimer's.

yesterday for lunch we ordered some Popeye's chicken meals. i didn't finish mine so i gave bitter half the chicken i didn't eat. last night, as b.h. was about to drive home, i asked him if he was going to stop and get some dinner. here's the conversation:

b.h.: no. i think i'm just going to eat my leftover chicken. didn't you have any left?

me: i gave it to you. did you think your chicken was reproducing or what?

b.h.: oh...well do you want me to stop and get you something?

me: will you get me a combo burrito from Taco Villa?

b.h.: okay.

then about ten minutes pass when i get another phone call from b.h.

b.h.: they're out of corned beef. do you want turkey?

me: what?

b.h.: is turkey okay?

me: what are you talking about?

b.h.: (sounding frustrated) is a turkey Reuben okay? they don't have any corned beef.

me: where the hell are you?

b.h.: at Arby's getting us some dinner.

me: what the fuck? i thought you were eating leftover chicken, and i was getting a combo burrito from Taco Villa!

b.h.: oh...uh, i'll see you in a sec.

and people wonder why i wear a perpetual scowl on my face.

8 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

lmao - I'm fairly certain me and my husband have had a conversation eerily similar to this more than a couple of times. it's like he's in his own little world sometimes...lol of course, when he's talking about poker, I pretty much completely tune HIM out, so it's all fair, I guess. :)

7/25/2006 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

LOL - I go through this every single day when I'm taking care of my step-father. Of course he really is suffering from memory problems...but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

My favorite (and by favorite I mean the thing that pisses me off the most) is when he locks me out of the house when I take the dog out. Then when I ask him why he did it he'll have completely forgot that he did and insist that he didn't.

In other words... I feel your pain.

7/25/2006 03:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that all the time. Be nice!! :-P

/Matt

7/25/2006 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger rebeleyeball said...

You crack me up. I particularly like the cast of characters in the left column.

7/25/2006 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

you talking to bitter half is like me talking to my dad.

so far though, my problem in life is the opposite... I remember too much.

Sometimes I think I should have been born a woman... I'd make a good lesbian.

7/25/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nuruddeen710 said...

Very funny...
vist my blog

propertytips.blogspot.com
theresonlyoneunited.blogspot.com

7/25/2006 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

webmiztris- i, too, tune out the poker talk. and the disc golf talk and the work talk and the video game talk...i figure we're even so i don't even make a big deal about it anymore.

bunny- getting older sucks. hopefully we'll all have someone like you to help us when the time comes.

matt- me be nice? i see you are not one of my regular readers.

rebeleyeball- thanx! i like your name. i didn't know eyeballs could be rebellious.

michael- i remember too much, also. because of this trait, i think bitter half has just given up on remembering anything for himself. i'm an enabler.

7/26/2006 11:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not, you're right. Be nice anyway! ;-D

7/27/2006 04:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)