Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i love bush!!!

did i just turn lez? i meant the band. what the hell happened to Gavin and Gwen? they used to be pretty cool back in the day. now they are crap. why the rant? i'm blaring some old school Bush in my work cubicle.

we are doing a Biggest Loser challenge at work. it's two months long, and the winning team gets a prize. i plan to try to lose fifteen pounds. so for the next few weeks, i will be miserably cranky, tired, sore, and hateful. well, i guess i always am, but i have an excuse this time.

i'm changing my MySpace name to Martha Dumptruck. i have to say that i laughed and laughed this morning at work when i decided on it.

i love Walgreen's for my quick shopping needs, but for some reason i keep setting off the door alarms upon entrance and exit. i'm not sure why. it just started about a month ago, and i guess something on my person is causing it to look like i'm a perpetual shop lifter. of course, no one at any of the stores i've visited has said anything so they must not care about shoplifting.

the other day i was trying to get back into my office building after lunch. i need a security badge to open gates and doors, and mine was hanging off the collar of my shirt. this placement has the badge dangling right over my boob. my hands were full so i was mashing my chest up on the sensor pad when a guy walked by. i was just about to yell, 'what? my boobs have opened plenty of doors for me over my lifetime. why should this door be any different?!' but he had quickly turned away out of embarrassment, i suppose. i should have yelled it anyway.

i helped Gold Digger move this weekend, and it was pouring rain for most of Sunday. since it was warm, we didn't mind. playing in the rain is fun.

is anyone watching Heroes this season? it's creepy! it needs more Peter and shirtless Suresh, but otherwise i have no complaints so far.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Gavin and Gwen? Simple. Grunge hibernated and Gwen turned pop/hip hop... like some sort of discarded American Idol contestant. Chris Cornell is joining her in those ranks.

Setting off door alarms is commonplace. I worked at a walgreens for two years, and a Target before that.

The door alarms are there for the illusion that them going off is actually meaningful.

Then again, when I was working in photo I used to tell people that our 78 year old cashier would attack them and smack them around if the alarm went off on em.

I now want to get a job as a security sensor pad.

10/14/2008 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

oh yeah... the door alarm thing...

odds are you recently bought a new wallet or purse, and it has a sensor buried away in it.

10/14/2008 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

ever since i started setting the alarm off, i thoguht back to something i might have bought that still has a sensor tag on it. but i have bought nothing. everything is the same. perhaps i was bitten by a radioactive spider, and my superhero blood is making it go off.

10/15/2008 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Maybe if you eat too much mac n' cheese it will cause the same thing too... like cause you to glow in black lights and stuff.

10/15/2008 04:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're already the biggest loser in my book!!!!!
Z

10/15/2008 05:36:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

michael- hmmm. i have been known to glutton on the mac.

Z- FU!!! you worthless sack of shit.

10/16/2008 08:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)