Sunday, June 15, 2008

back from the dead

and this time i'm not talking about zombies for a change. i was seriously sick this weekend. i must have had some type of stomach flu. let me describe it in detail. just kidding. but the human body is amazing to be able to handle such a harsh sentence.

at one point yesterday, i was so dehydrated that i was seeing tracers and double. i briefly considered going to the hospital at that time, but i lacked the gusto to call anyone. so i just went to bed. when i awoke, i felt a little better, but i was beyond needing fluids and to the point of needing major organ transplants. i drank water.

some time last night, i thought i felt well enough to venture out and find some chocolate which i was craving. i thought that was a good sign. so i took a quick shower and jumped in the Honda and drove to the nearest grocery store. my plan was to get some candy and then some stuff to make sammiches. i wandered to the candy aisle first because i do have priorities. then i went to back to the deli area. that's when i realized i over exerted myself. i was dizzy and hot and contemplating sitting in the sausage bin to rest. when i grabbed the basics, i decided i needed pickles. of course, now i was pushing it. i hobbled to the pickle aisle and grabbed the first Vlasics that i saw. then i went to check out.

who knew so many people shopped so late at night? crap. i was seeing double again and i was having trouble walking upright. the lines were all so long. i chose one where, aside from the person checking out, there was a man and his two kids with a handful of items. by now, i'm leaning against the gum rack looking pasty and clutching my chest. the man went to check out, and i realized that he was having both of his kids buy their own stuff. and he was also buying some stuff. i was about to yell, 'now is not the time to teach your children about fiscal responsibility, sir!' but i held my tongue. meanwhile i was texting a peep about my precarious predicament. he offered to go help me, but i was almost in the clear. i checked out and got in my car where i turned on the A/C to the arctic setting and sat for a few minutes.

then i went to Sonics to get some tea and some food since i figured i would be too tired to even make a sammich.

i feel much better now.

i even insulted a person at the pet store this morning. i didn't mean to. i was telling a dog how ugly he was. i forgot that there was an owner behind him. oh well. looks like i'm getting back to my usual, should not be allowed out in public self.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I had the stomach flu from hell over Christmas (this is when I quit my job after my boss gave me problems for calling off for the first time in 3 months... of course a low paying job I didn't need since financial aid from school covered my bills.)

ack... end tangent.

This is the time I discovered... pedialite. When you are that sick and dehydrated, quickly beat up a baby and steal their pedialite.

You're the adult, you need it more anyway. Stuff is amazing for rehydration.

6/15/2008 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

my sister graciously offered to bring me some Smartwater or pedialyte or pedialyte pops or something. at the time, i didn't think i would need anything. then things took a downhill turn...

6/16/2008 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a typical weekend of drinking w/o the fun parts. sure you weren't just hammered? I think I'll make homemade pukeypops for the next time you're sick...make something like a frozen concoction with phenergan, valerian extract and doobie or something.

6/17/2008 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

Gina- why wait until i'm sick? those pukeypops sound kinda fun.

6/19/2008 11:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)