Thursday, June 05, 2008

the real christine

-this past week, i have been called three things which i have never been called before. someone said i was kind. really? me? the person with the "christine hates you" sign on her Dilbert cubicle? another person said i was nice. wow. i'm on a roll. and finally, yesterday, a co-w0rker called me a suck up. i'm not sure how that works since i tell my bosses that i hate them on a regular basis. perhaps, by suck up, this person meant how much caffeine i can suck up in a measly attempt to tolerate my job.

-i'm now a bigger douche than my brother. one of my best friends, an avid sports fan, was super excited about the final game of the Stanley Cup last night. i texted him when it was over congratulating his team only to have him call me and tell me he wasn't watching it live. Doh!

-i've decided to stop being such an overachiever. it's overrated. and you'd think that all of those words that start with "over" would lead to overpaid, but guess what. they don't. the lead to long sleepless days, gnarled fingers, stabbing pains behind your left eye, and the possibility of an ulcer...none of which are attractive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of my friend's 3 year old son "Nobody likes a suck up!"

6/05/2008 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

depends what you're sucking up, Bob. hehehe

C: I think you have a ways to go before you out do your brother in the douche dept. I agree about the overachiever part. It's nice to flex the overachiever muscle just to let others know you can then settle down and let it rest. It's lonely at the top.

6/17/2008 11:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)