Friday, November 28, 2008

a day late and a dollar short

(and fifty pounds heavier!) i usually write a happy Thanksgiving post and ruminate on the things for which i am grateful. i was so busy baking up a storm and playing games at my family's house that i never got around to it. so without further adieu, here it is.

i hope everyone had as great a Turkey Day as i did. i baked my famous pumpkin cheesecake in a gingersnap crust that was gobbled up faster than i ran out of work on Wednesday afternoon. (and that, my friends, was super fast.) i also did stuffed jalapenos breaded with a turkey sausage mixture. i've already got requests for more of those. and of course we had tons of the traditional fare: boatloads of turkey, can shaped cranberry sauce, enough stuffing to feed a small country.

but, aside from the great food, i have much more to be thankful for this year.

of course, i am grateful for my family. they may be a bunch of obnoxious losers who should never be allowed in public, but they are truly people that i can count on for anything. this year was difficult in many ways, but my family came through in just as many ways.

on the other side of that coin are my friends. they showed their true colors this year, and those colors were beautiful.

sleep! my insomnia has been cured. i've suffered with severe insomnia for years, but not anymore. i put my head on the pillow and fall asleep quickly. i rarely wake up in the middle of the night, and if i do, i just roll over and go back to sleep. you may think that's nothing, but to someone who has never slept well, it is a Godsend. i didn't realized this was how people slept! i wake up energetic and ready to go. it's amazing.

my weasel. i love him with all my heart, and i know he loves me with his little weasel heart.

surprisingly, my job. i am lucky to work with people that i enjoy and to have job security in these crappy economical times. plus, i get free cable and internet. can't beat that, and God knows i'm grateful for my internet.

i am so thankful for coffee. whoever first decided to get beans and brew them was probably the smartest person that ever lived. i thank that person!

well, i could go on forever with this list, but i'll wrap it up. hope everyone had a great holiday. now go stimulate the economy and buy me a Blu-Ray player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)