Friday, June 27, 2008

proof i'm getting old

- i generally dye my hair. but here lately i have been growing it out in order to recall my natural color. as i looked in the mirror, what did i see? there glistening amongst the dark brown strands was a grey one! it was sticking up almost as if it was giving me the finger!

- loud commercials make me sick. that one douche from the Oxyclean commercials who feels the need to yell everything he says makes me let out a barrage of profane phrases. i sit there yelling crusty comments at my TV as if anyone can hear me.

- i am obsessed with fiber content. when i'm buying my bread, i pore over the nutrient label carefully to make sure i'm getting the most fiber bang for my buck. all i need are bifocals to make that image more geriatric.

- i am taking so many medications a day that i could easily stock a shelf at the pharmacy. i even have one of those giant pill cases with four little compartments per day so that i can divvy up the pills according to morning, noon, afternoon, and evening. to make matters worse, i actually set aside a time every Sunday night to fill it up for the proceeding week. i remember when my Sunday nights used to be filled with foam parties and last minute binge drinking before the week ahead.

- i sometimes plan my day around a nap. for example, on Saturdays if i can get up early to hit the gym and then come home and get my chores out of the way, i can nap before people start bugging me to go hang out with them. it really does make the day that much sweeter when you can get a little shut eye midday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yikes! that does sound old. stop it.

6/29/2008 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

come to think of it, what are you talking about?! you just got your tongue pierced! old people don't do that and you still party 'til the wee hours of the morning, send immature texts, play pranks at work, live off of coffee and rockstars etc. you're still plenty young!! You take naps because you play hard and well, because you love naps. You've loved naps since the day you were born =)

6/29/2008 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

i saw your comment last night but didn't have time to reply because i was too busy filling my giant pill tray... actually, you're right though. just the other day i didn't get home until 8 in the morning after a night of partying. and quiet a few times i've seen the sun come up and still been a chuggin' away. let me dye this grey hair neon pink just to prove how young i am!!!

6/30/2008 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i got a coupon for Furr's Cafeteria in the mail today. It reminded me of this blog post. I love Furr's but it's the senior equivalent of a college kegger. I don't miss drinking everyday, losing all of my money, half my jewelery and sometimes half my clothes and not remembering how I got home. Nowadays I hope to get to bed at a "decent hour"...something I never thought I'd say. I don't think it means we're old...maybe just smarter ;)

6/30/2008 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)