Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas, New Year's, and all that crap

i didn't realize it had been so long since i last posted. i had a merry Christmas full of presents and fun. perhaps i will post pics as soon as Gold Digger has the time to send me some. i am on vacation and was a little sick for the first part of it, but no matter. i took that as a sign to sloth about and watch TV.

i'm not sure what i want to do for New Year's Eve. normally, i'm all about the party, and i almost went out of town to visit some peeps. but now i'm kind of thinking a quiet, introspective evening would be more appealing. i hardly need a two day hangover. of course, as the time draws nigh, i could crumble and start downing shots like Simon eats cereal.

i'm giving The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People a re-read. if you've never read it, i highly recommend it. if you've read it, you're probably back to your old stagnant self and need to re-read it, too. and i have a Yahoo group going for participants. if you're interested, let me know.

sometimes when i have a cold, i get a little asthmatic. i use that as an excuse to up the caffeine for medical reasons. it's 9PM, and i'm craving a Rockstar? no problem. i need to dilate those bronchial tubes anyway. i've had sixteen cups of coffee by noon? no problem! it's all in the name of health. i've always looked at the positive sides of things.

for Christmas my sister got me The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, my favorite contemporary author. i have used ever fiber of my will power to not start it as i will not eat, sleep, or move once i am involved. it's calling me. like Snoopy's cookies call him.

i will be posting my New Year's resolutions soon, as usual. so everyone can mock me and ridicule me when they fizzle out by noon on the 1st. i hope everyone has a happy, safe holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)