Wednesday, October 14, 2009

i miss his furry face.

Most of you know that i had to put my Simon to sleep late Sunday night. i knew he had been sick, but i didn't think he would get that sick so fast. when Macaroni got sick, she showed symptoms for a long time that got progressively worse. so i thought i had more time with my Simon. i would never in a million years have thought that this weekend i would have to say good bye.

i knew he was bad late Sunday afternoon. i tried to make him comfortable. i really thought that he would still make it longer than he did, but by the evening, he was having seizures. and they were getting worse. when he started screaming, i had a friend arrange to take us to the emergency vet.

i cried the whole way there, but i didn't want him to suffer so i knew i was doing the right thing. it was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do.

when Macaroni died, i still had Simon so i didn't have to see an empty cage. a half empty food bowl. a brand new bag of kibble and litter. i don't have the heart to get rid of these things yet, but seeing them makes me very sad.

when i leave my house, it's habit to say good bye. in the mornings, i would feed and water my Simon, and now i have nothing to do. when i got some clothes out of the dryer yesterday, i instinctively turned around to see if the noise had woken him up only to remember that he was gone. there's a real emptiness in my heart and in my life. it's so surreal to think that i'm not a weasel mommy anymore.

i will post a 'remembering Simon' post later this week like i did for my Macaroni. he was so unique and intelligent that it would take me by surprise time and time again.

i can't picture my life without him. there were times when i felt like i had no one, but i always had him.

it's weird how attached we get to our furry babies. i miss Simon's little weasel face so much. i'm heartbroken.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's chillin' with THE BESTEST DOG EVER (Tyson) in pet Heaven! It's been 7 yrs since I lost my best friend and I still call Leo Tyson from time to time. No one gets it unless they've been there. I feel you.

10/14/2009 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

Aw. I did think of you and Tyson and how awful it must have been to go home without him. I think it's even harder for those of us who don't have kids and stuff.

10/14/2009 05:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)