Saturday, October 07, 2006

this morning's numbers

5- curse words i muttered when i woke up with the first inklings of a cold

1- mini heart attacks my coworker had when i jokingly called in to work

2- Wal-green customers i would have kicked in the shins if i'd have had any energy to expend

1- Dayquil liquitabs rolling around under my desk after my in-dexterous dumbass shot one out of its child proof package like a bullet

3- people at work who accused me of being drunk and/or hungover because i sound like shit

1- coworkers blaring (and singing along with) Ice Ice Baby from their cubicle

4- cups of coffee i've had before 10AM with no end in sight

1600- dollars my previous company is giving me out of my pension which i will either roll over into my 401K or cash out and take it from behind in incurred penalties

3- times i've almost fallen asleep midsentence today

2- tissues that are about to be plugged up my nose for the remainder of the day because i'm sick of blowing it

3 Comments:

Blogger CyberCelt said...

Girl, roll that money over into an IRA or 401K. If not, it will make you sick to pay all those taxes.

I had cashed out one with the state and then I thought about it and purchased the time back (at about 3x the amount I rec'd).

You are never too old to plan for retirement.

Hope you get to feeling better.

10/07/2006 12:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, I agree. You are not too old to think about retirement. I started when I was 27 and look at me. Only 60 percent behind the eight ball. (I like all your numbers.)

10/09/2006 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger christine said...

cybercelt and rhea- i am always planning ahead. i have plenty of money in my 401K already, and by the time i turn 60, i will be ridiculously prepared. i have decided to roll my money over and add to the stockpile.

10/13/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top (you lazy bastard)